TIGER is CECOG’s Cross-Border Initiative Anticipating the Tumor Board Future.
CECOG has formed a strong network of clinicians coming from various countries of Central and Southeastern Europe aimed at raising awareness on the enormous impact of immune oncology in the treatment of malignancies in the geographic region which unites us.
The goals of TIGER are:
- improving the understanding of the immune system and its role in cancer
- information on outcomes of immune checkpoint inhibitor (ICPI) treatments in various indications
- information on options of combination therapies to ameliorate treatment outcomes with currently available clinical examples and an outlook on upcoming options
- use of immune checkpoint inhibitors in special clinical situations
- management of side effects
Meetings and web-based cross-border tumor boards are the cornerstones of TIGER to realize the mentioned goals.